Click here to fill out the
Online Application Form
Regional Mortgage Instructor
Job Title: Mortgage Instructor
Job Group: Trainer
Deliver required training in an enthusiastic and effective manner to various sized groups of loan officers and other mortgage industry personnel locally. Travel is possible within the United States.
- Sell training services to locally based mortgage companies
- Deliver required instruction, both accredited and non-accredited, to loan officers for pre licensing and continuing education
- Assists in the evaluation and improvement of effectiveness of content delivery
- Conduct required satisfactory student identification and other administrative tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
Mortgage education instructors must meet one of the three following experience requirements as minimum qualifications:
- Industry Professional: Instructors will have at least five (5) years of professional experience in the industry in a position (or positions) that bears directly on mortgage loan origination practices including but not limited to origination, underwriting, secondary marketing, operations compliance, quality control, and/or other comparable positions.
- Federal/State Regulator: Regulatory instructors (state or federal) must have at least three (3) years of responsible experience in a regulatory position (or positions) including the conduct or supervision of mortgage company examinations (brokers and/or lenders), consumer complaint investigation and resolution, or mortgage legal affairs.
- Associated Mortgage GSE Professional: Instructors formerly or currently associated with Mortgage GSE’s must have a minimum of three (3) years of responsible experience in a position that is comparable to either the industry professional or regulator position described above.
Additionally, we prefer but do not require our candidates to have college and/or instructional experience. Background checks are required for all candidates.
- College Degree: A BA/BS degree from a regionally accredited institution is preferred and/or equivalent experience and credentials.
- Training Experience: It is preferred but not required that the instructor have three (3) years of experience that required training or instruction
- Background Checks: Prior to delivering training, instructors must meet the minimum requirements for a criminal background check that are included in the SAFE Act as verified through a comprehensive FCRA compliant background report including county and federal records plus Federal Financial Institutions Enforcement Actions.
As part of our instructor training program, candidates must successfully complete a “Train the Trainer” Program or equivalent.
Interested candidate to forward their resume and cover letter to
Additional Skills Needed:
- Needs to be a capable public speaker.
- Must have good writing skills, strong organizational/planning/coordinating skills
- Must be familiar with computer operations and have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and the presentation programs